BRAVEHEART Foundation is a local organization assisting Myanmars on citizenship and ethnic rights issues whilst respecting human rights. BRAVEHEART actively engages in democratization process in Myanmar by amplifying public concerns into policy making. It also partners with like-minded organizations and individuals to produce collective voices and advocacy efforts.
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Position: Paralegal (2) Posts
Project : Capacity Building and Research on Anti-discrimination and Legal Identity
Location : Hlaingtharyar Township, Yangon
Type : Project Base Contract
Compensation : 250,000 MMK ++
Reports to : Project Coordinator
Duration : Within (1) Year Project
Starting date : As soon as possible
Others : Great opportunity to continue deeply learning on civil document issues, 1982 Citizenship Law and application process of Citizenship Scrutiny Card, several other legal issues related to citizenship, and participating in regular capacity building trainings.
Braveheart Foundation is a local organization working on human right issues. BRAVEHEART actively engages in democratization process in Myanmar by amplifying public concerns into policy making. It also partners with like-minded organizations and individuals to produce collective voices and advocacy efforts. Based in Yangon, BRAVEHEART also works in Kengtung of Shan East. Braveheart is free from any type of discrimination based on sex, religion, ethnicity, social standards, political belief, etc. We are fully accountable towards the people we serve and we have been consecutively working on civil document issues since 2017.
Braveheart Foundation pursues zero-tolerance policy concerning sexual exploitation and abuse.
With financial support from UNHCR and technically backstopped by Namati, BRAVEHEART is extending its project in Hlaingtharyar of Yangon Region, The project aims to investigates the actual implementation of 1982 Citizenship Law and to make a concrete, evidence-base recommendation on how it should be reformed. Specifically this project will investigate the ability of vulnerable populations to access to Citizenship Scrutiny Card (CSC) and other civil documentations in various locations.
- Awareness raising, Case Collection, Filing and data entry, and to empowerment on application process of Citizenship Scrutiny Card
- Maintaining relationships with beneficiary, client and local organizations such as CSO.
- Perform raising and nurturing at least one volunteer within the project.
- Attend project workshops, meetings and capacity building training regularly.
- Writing project case story and collecting local information within the related area such as ward profile.
- Contact with the reporting officer and management team regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the officer as required.
- Age over 18 years
- Above High school Education
- Related working experienced ones are also welcome
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Internet, Email, and social media (Facebook, Zoom, VIBER)
- Great interest in 1982 Citizenship Law and Citizenship Scrutiny Card (CSC) application process
- Social dealing skills
- Able to make field visits (within Yangon Region)
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Only resident in Hlaingtharyar Township
How to Apply
Require documents (now)
- CV Form with photo,
Other required documents (need to submit only after the interview is passed)
- Copy of CSC Card and Household List
- Recommendation letters from Ward Administrators and local Police Station or Self Declaration Form
Contact Information and Last Date
- Anyone interested should send the required documents to the following address before 9.2021
Email – email@example.com
- For any inquiry (Office hour, 10 AM to 4 PM, (Monday to Friday))
Contact number – 09 42097 4348, 09 96021 2221
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
What We Do